The fact is, everyone thinks that an injury won’t happen to them - it's the type of thing that happens to somebody else.
This isn’t the case and far too many people purchase a chainsaw without understanding the risks involved when operating it.
Chainsaw safety should be at the top of your list every time you begin working, and owning the right safety gear is a great place to start.
At Sunshine Coast Mowers we sell Clogger Safety Clothing, in particular Chaps for chainsaw protection.
Featuring breathable fabric on the rear of the leg and extra stretch in the yoke for improved comfort and fit. The result is a forestry trouser that will work as hard as you, standing by to defend and protect when you need it most.
Features of Clogger Safety Clothing Chaps
- Durable polycotton drill
- Breathable nylon rear
- Stretch yoke for ease of movement
- Lightweight mesh lining
- Opening at hem to remove debris
- Lock-stitched seams and stress point reinforced
- High-visibility panels on the front and rear
If you’re concerned about operating a chainsaw safely, here are our top 10 tips.
- Read your manual and remember every chainsaw is different.
- Understand your limits or ask a professional.
- Always wear your protective gear, this includes (All of these are available at Sunshine Coast Mowers):
- Hearing Protection
- Hard hat
- Start simple with your projects. Cutting firewood or branches is a great place to start.
- Always have someone nearby – but at a safe distance away.
- Never cut wood being held by somebody else.
- When starting your chainsaw make sure the chain brake is engaged.
- Always hold your running chainsaw with two hands.
- Inspect your chainsaw before starting to ensure that all the safety features are working and the chain is tight.
- Keep your chainsaw out of reach of children.