What’s a camping trip without a generator these days? And what’s a generator if it’s not the Honda EU22i?
Honda EU22i ReviewedThis new age of generator provides 200W more power and endless features, making it the top of the class when it comes to Aussie camping experiences.
We put this new generator to the test over the New Years break and have come back with more respect for Honda’s engineering capabilities than ever before.
This Honda EU22i has been designed for the ultimate in quality, portability, and convenience, which made powering the campsite an absolute breeze. From the wife’s hair dryer to the toaster, lights at night and even the mini fridge, we had no problems when using the Honda EU22i, it even kept quiet when the little ones went to sleep.
This quiet hum of the generator is due to Honda’s advanced 4-Stroke GXR120 Commercial Series engine. The 121cc engine delivers exceptionally quiet, smooth, fuel-efficient performance.
Using an overhead camshaft (OHC) orientation similar to the Honda GX100 in the outgoing EU20i, Honda designers incorporated a maintenance-free, low-noise timing belt to create a small, light and quiet engine. The OHC was designed and engineered specifically for increased efficiency, with optimal power transfer and better fuel efficiency.
It's precision-engineered components result in lower vibration, and the ball bearing-supported crankshaft delivers smooth operation and long engine life.
Here are just some of the features of the Honda EU22i Inverter Generator:
- A bigger oil filler opening, a longer spout and larger oil drain gutter to make for easier and cleaner oil changes
- A fuel shutoff valve allows the engine to continue to run until the majority of the fuel in the carburetor is consumed and the engine shuts off, which helps prevent stale fuel issues and is useful for storing the generator
- A stamped metal recoil rope insert provides increased product durability and reduces potential damage to the generator body
- An increase in the ventilation for improved inverter cooling. The new ducts allow for the air to move more evenly over internal parts while improving the overall air flow for better cooling of key components
- The stator/rotor configuration of the EU22i is improved, using some of the highest quality and most powerful magnets available in the market
- The new design and styling of the EU22i more prominently displays the Honda logo on the side of the unit and output power on the front
- Parallel connection allows for pairing of the all-new Honda EU22i with another EU22i or a Honda EU20i K1/T1 model for added convenience and more power.
Talk to the team at Sunshine Coast Mowers about your generator needs - or take a look at the specifications on the all new Honda Eu22i.